- I love to receive comments.
- I hate spam, as well as several other kinds of stupidity.
- If I think your comment is more a plug for your product or Web site (especially if your product is porn, easy loan refinancing, or Viagra) than a genuine contribution to the discussion, I will nuke it, no questions asked.
- If I find your comment offensive or so stupid that it makes my head hurt, I will nuke it, no questions asked.
- If for any other reason your comment rubs me the wrong way, I may nuke it, no questions asked.
- If you post a comment that is for any reason of a nature that would be better treated as a personal e-mail, I may choose to not post it and instead reply to you by e-mail. I would rather if you just used e-mail in the first place, however.
- If you have posted what you think is a legitimate, inoffensive, nonstupid comment that would be of general interest to the readership of this site, and it does not show up after a decent interval (sometimes as long as three days—I am occasionally offline for that long), you are welcome to try making your now-even-more-considered observation again. Occasionally good comments may get eaten by the system (unlikely), or accidentally mixed in with real spam (more likely), and occasionally I may misjudge a comment as junk (somewhat likely).
- If you think your comments are being consistently and undeservedly deleted, you can try e-mailing me.
- If your otherwise worthy comment contains obvious typos, I may correct them. Or not. If you spot a typo after hitting “post” and would like me to correct it, you may e-mail me or recomment, as you wish; I’ll tidy up when next I get a chance.
Thank you for your patronage. Natter on!