If anyone's still at a loss as to what to get me

for Ramakwanzachanamas, let me just give you a hint: 12-inch, orange. The poor little guy needs to be reunited with his family!

Critters

(Via Awesome!)

On a more intellectual note (I like to keep the tone high around here, as you know), my friend Sarah G-P just redirected me to Eve Corbel’s Lesser-Known Editing and Proofreading Marks, which I’d seen before but forgotten.

1. Elisabeth
    Elisabeth December 24, 2006 at 11:10 am |

Hi India! Just wanted to wish you a merry christmas! Tonight is the night we celebrate here in Norway. (Presents and all, so it’s busy but fun.) Have fun!

Best, Elisabeth

India Amos December 24, 2006 at 1:01 pm |

God jul to you, too!

3. Denise Covert
    Denise Covert December 25, 2006 at 5:16 pm |

I saw someone had made that into an animated icon on LiveJournal, I didn’t know where it came from.

Merry Christmas! (Wait, I don’t recall if you ever specified you’re Christian. . .) Um, blessings from the deity of your choice during the winter months! :-P

Apparently, we’ve got tor-nad-ers down here in Daytona. . .and James Brown died. And it’s the 1-year anniversary of our hometown serial killer. Death and destruction all over 1A!! :-D

India Amos December 25, 2006 at 5:46 pm |

Thanks, Denise. Merry Christmas to you, too!

(For the record, I’m a bona fide Pinko–New Yorko–agnostic with no religious education besides attending some Quaker youth programs and once having been lucky enough to possess a Plagues of Egypt Viewmaster reel. Oh, how I wish I still had that!)

5. Denise Covert
    Denise Covert December 26, 2006 at 12:56 pm |

Ah, commie pinko New Yorkers. I used to be one, until I came South and someone fed me a sweet potato with brown sugar on it. . .haven’t been the same since. :-)

India Amos December 26, 2006 at 2:02 pm |

Sweet potatoes—feh. I’m more of a fried-fish-and-grits person, myself.

7. Elisabeth
    Elisabeth December 31, 2006 at 7:57 pm |

Happy New Year India! I’m some hours ahead of you, so this is a greeting written in 2007. How cool is that?

;-)

India Amos December 31, 2006 at 11:00 pm |

The Internet: Bringing Tomorrow’s Time Travel Technology to You Today!